Our security responsibilities
We will ensure that:
The data you give us will be safe. Encryption is used to protect the personal information you give us.
our data will be stored at a secure facility. Regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in case of a disaster.
All access to the system is logged. If any unauthorized behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
Increasing your safety online
Protecting your computer
- Install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses
- Remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version
Other steps you should take help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender
- Only download files from reputable Internet sites
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources
Protecting your password
- Never share your password with anyone
- Never send your password via email
- Make your password as strong as possible
You should report any suspicious or unauthorized activity relating to your use of gbrmpa.gov.au by contacting us. This will help us make gbrmpa.gov.au as secure as we can.
Further cyber security advice
Protecting Yourself Online – What Everyone Needs to Know:
Cybersafety Help Button – online assistance and resources
CyberSmart - Cyber Safety for kids, teens, parents, libraries, schools
Stay Smart Online - Cyber Security for Australian internet users
SCAMWatch – online information on avoiding and reporting scams
CERT Australia - Australia’s national computer emergency response team
- Your use of gbrmpa.gov.au does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation any Agency owes You; or
- reduce any obligation You owe to any Agency.
- The gbrmpa.gov.au website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advicerelevant to your particular circumstances. You must exercise your own judgement and carefully evaluate the material on gbrmpa.gov.au.
- We strive to protect information you provide on gbrmpa.gov.au. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that gbrmpa.gov.au and your information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enter gbrmpa.gov.au. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by the information you send to or via gbrmpa.gov.au, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
- Where connection to a system or website outside our control compromises the objectives of gbrmpa.gov.au, we may sever links to that website or system.