Position number: 110
Classification: APS6 $76,751– $87,327
Closing date: 19/02/2018
Branch: Reef Protection
We are seeking a regulatory professional to join our team working to protect the Marine Park while providing opportunities for ecologically sustainable use. This position is responsible for a range of tasks with a key focus on managing a team of people to deliver a compliance program for the Marine Park permission system. This includes the collection and remittance of revenue from commercial activities within the Marine Park associated with the Environmental Management Charge.
This position exercises delegations in accordance with the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act 1975 and subordinate legislation, the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013, and agency policies and procedures.
- You enjoy multi-tasking across several management areas.
- You will be experienced in relationship and stakeholder management.
- You have experience in compliance matters, in particular in the marine park environment.
- You thrive under pressure, have an eye for detail and don’t get flustered when faced with competing priorities.
- You are an excellent communicator in both written and verbal contexts.
- You enjoy leading and being part of a cohesive team.
- Manage the operations of a team including the supervision and development of staff relating to their competencies required to meet strategic objectives through performance feedback and encouraging career development.
- Manage responsibilities for the delivery of a permission system compliance program and assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of annual work plans including resources.
- Manage responsibilities for the financial administration, management and compliance with the Environmental Management Charge.
- Develop, implement and evaluate risk-based strategies and business systems (policy, procedures, forms and databases) to support the management of a compliance program for the permission system.
- Liaise, engage and negotiate with stakeholders and clients, and represent the Authority as required.
- Be Australian citizens to be eligible for engagement,
- The successful applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL 1 security clearance; failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent experience) in natural resource management and/or a related discipline such as marine science, marine ecology, engineering or similar.
- Inspires a sense of purpose and direction
- Focuses strategically
- Harnesses information and opportunities
- Shows judgement, intelligence and common sense
- Builds organisational capability and responsiveness
- Marshals professional expertise
- Steers and implements change and deals with uncertainty
- Ensures closure and delivers on intended results
- Nurtures internal and external relationships
- Facilitates cooperation and partnerships
- Values individual differences and diversity
- Guides, mentors and develops people
- Demonstrates public service professionalism and probity
- Engages with risk and shows personal courage
- Commits to action
- Displays resilience
- Demonstrates self-awareness and a commitment to personal development
- Communicates clearly
- Listens, understands and adapts to audience
- Negotiates persuasively
PLEASE NOTE: The panel will not consider additional information such as a cover letter or content exceeding the word limit.
For more information please contact:
Kevin Edison - 07 4750 0751
How to apply:
To apply, please view the full site