Position number: 115
Classification: APS5 - $71,664 – $77,196
Closing date: 25/10/2018
Branch: Reef Engagement
We are seeking a qualified electrician with facilities management experience to join our team at the National Education Centre for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Reef HQ Aquarium.
The position provides high level support to the Assistant Director - Technical Operations in all aspects of facilities management, including planning routine, minor, and major works programs.
Responsible for general building infrastructure, plant equipment, our Building Management System and electrical infrastructure, the position assists with scoping, construction, installation and maintenance.
The position works closely with the Exhibits & Maintenance Officer to ensure the smooth scheduling and completion of both planned and reactive maintenance. Site supervision of tradespeople, projects and undertaking procurement are key tasks.
- You are a natural problem solver, a doer and willing to tackle any task that needs doing
- You will be experienced in relationship and stakeholder management, including being able to supervise tradespeople on work sites
- You will have experience in projects including scoping, defining and managing milestones, tracking and analysing progress, negotiating changing requirements
- You thrive under pressure and don’t get flustered in a dynamic environment
- You maintain a tidy work area, are organised, possess good time management skills and the ability to follow Government processes
- Supervision of the facilities management program area, focusing on the installation and maintenance of electrical infrastructure and/or systems.
- Management, installation, maintenance and programming of the computerised Building Management System (BMS) for all of the Aquarium's filtration/life support systems, supporting infrastructure and associated service contracts including:
- Electrical Infrastructure
- Security systems
- Fire systems
- Passenger lift
- Air-conditioning and chilling systems
- Gantry crane
- Pumping systems
- Provide technical support as operationally appropriate to other program areas within the Aquarium, including:
- Develop, facilitate and monitor progress against annual, 5 and 10 year maintenance programs for plant, equipment and supporting infrastructure
- Collaborate with other staff to support the maintenance and development of filtration systems that affect water quality (including ozone and reverse osmosis machines)
- If appropriately qualified, participate in the SCUBA diving roster for routine tank cleaning duties
- Participate in the on-call roster (out of business hours and weekends)
- Scope and manage (including site supervision of trades and contractors) moderately complex projects including minor works and ongoing maintenance, undertaking required procurement in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate with contractors and service providers in relation to the design, fabrication and/or modification of specialised equipment and its supporting infrastructure.
- be Australian citizens to be eligible for engagement.
- be able to obtain (within a 6 month period), and thereafter maintain, a BASELINE security clearance. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
- hold a current unrestricted Australian driver’s licence.
- be willing to participate in an on call roster to ensure life support systems, water quality and other infrastructure faults are resolved; when on call must be able to attend the site within 30 minutes.
- hold an Electrical Fitter Licence (equivalent or above recognised in Queensland), and be able to be registered as the qualified technical person having extensive experience installing and maintaining electrical equipment
- have facilities management experience including supervising and maintaining a broad range of equipment and property infrastructure
- Project management expertise
- Gantry crane experience
- Dive Master or occupational diving certification that meets the requirements of the GBRMPA Dive Operations Manual
For more information please contact:
Sascha Thyer, 07 4750 0885
How to apply:
To apply, please view the full site