Position number: 48
Classification: EL2 $115,750 – $136,785
Closing date: 04/06/2018
Branch: Corporate Services
- You are a natural leader and have a passion for empowering colleagues.
- You can undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence, while recognising links between connected issues.
- You are a strategic problem solver, a doer and are known for seeing things through.
- You will be experienced in relationship and stakeholder management.
- You have a sense of humour and enjoy being part of a cohesive team.
- Strategic leadership of budget development, management and reporting, both internal to the Authority and working in partnership with other government agencies and delivery partners.
- Ensure the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external related to the Section’s functions.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the Finance section.
- Nurture effective working relationships with stakeholders and assist other areas of the Authority to effectively consult and engage stakeholders on relevant projects. This includes representing the Authority in discussions with government and non-government stakeholders as required.
- be an Australian citizen to be eligible for engagement.
- be able to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting 1 security clearance; failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
- have relevant tertiary-level qualifications in one or more of the following areas: Accounting, Business, Commerce and/or Financial management.
- Accounting qualifications to the standard required for membership in CPA Australia or the Australian Institute of Chartered Accountants are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary functions in a public sector agency would be advantageous.
You will be required to prepare a response document (in MSWord or PDF format).
Please ensure you read the instructions on the position description carefully, noting failure to address identified requirements may lead to your application being deemed ineligible.
For more information please contact:
Anne Leo - 0429 908 021
How to apply:
To apply, please view the full site
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
PO Box 1379
TOWNSVILLE QLD 4810