Position number: 601
Classification: EL1 $95,955 – $105,169
Closing date: 19/02/2018
Branch: Reef Engagement
We are seeking a communications and marketing professional to join our small team working to promote and educate stakeholders and the wider Australian and international community on the management, care and protection of the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing major communication and marketing programs that support the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s vision and operational goals. The position provides strategic communication and marketing advice to the Director of Communication and Regional Engagement and the Authority’s senior management team, and will play a key role in implementing a new overarching communication and engagement strategy that supports the Corporate Plan. It is responsible for developing content and making technical updates to corporate materials as well as helping to manage the Authority’s key communication channels, strengthening internal communication and working to enhance corporate reputation and positioning through issues management. The position will share knowledge with colleagues, foster innovation and teamwork, and may be required to oversee staff.
- You are a natural problem solver, think creatively and are known for seeing things through
- You are experienced in developing contemporary communication and marketing solutions
- You are a savvy social media user
- You are a strong team player who values working together and has management experience
- You have experience in relationship and stakeholder management, including working with the media
- You thrive under pressure, don’t get flustered and focus on solutions
- You have an eye of detail and experience supervising, guiding and developing staff
- Provide leadership and day-to-day supervision of communications staff to ensure the strategic, corporate and internal communication activities are delivered for the agency.
- Drive the development and implementation of major communication programs that support the strategic direction of the Authority, including the Corporate Plan, the 2019 Outlook Report, the agency's overarching communications strategy, the Reef Guardians program and other key operational programs.
- Consult with internal clients to develop and implement integrated, strategic communication and marketing plans across media, website, internal communications, stakeholder forums and other channels, and write supporting materials.
- Provide specialist communications and marketing management advice on sensitive and emerging issues including preparing media responses, liaising with journalists, and participating in the on-call media roster.
- Engage, consult and partner with stakeholders and service providers to support the management of communications and marketing activities within the agency, including:
- Providing expert, timely, practical, transparent and risk-based advice
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients and partners, working to identify promotional opportunities and to implement communication and marketing plans and strategies.
- Leading and participating in multi-stakeholder groups
- Conducting face-to-face presentations
- Representing the Marine Park Authority as required.
- Be Australian citizens to be eligible for engagement,
- The successful applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a BASELINE security clearance; failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism, or significant relevant corporate or government experience.
- Inspires a sense of purpose and direction
- Focuses strategically
- Harnesses information and opportunities
- Shows judgement, intelligence and common sense
- Builds organisational capability and responsiveness
- Marshals professional expertise
- Steers and implements change and deals with uncertainty
- Ensures closure and delivers on intended results
- Nurtures internal and external relationships
- Facilitates cooperation and partnerships
- Values individual differences and diversity
- Guides, mentors and develops people
- Demonstrates public service professionalism and probity
- Engages with risk and shows personal courage
- Commits to action
- Displays resilience
- Demonstrates self-awareness and a commitment to personal development
- Communicates clearly
- Listens, understands and adapts to audience
- Negotiates persuasively
For more information please contact:
Karen Markwort - 07 4750 0739
How to apply:
To apply, please view the full site